Applied Research in Technology Award
This Award is offered annually to one student registrant who is a graduating student of an applied science / engineering technology program in Saskatchewan that meets the academic requirements, and is recognized by Technology Professionals Saskatchewan.
The Applied Research in Technology portion of an applied science / engineering technology academic program allows the technologist to combine the competencies obtained during the program to research a specific area of interest. As a means to recognize the outstanding achievement of a graduating student, Technology Professionals Saskatchewan provides an Applied Research in Technology Award.
Student registrants that are interested in being considered for this Award should contact their program head.
Candidates will be nominated by program heads of applied science engineering technology programs in Saskatchewan that are recognized by Technology Professionals Saskatchewan (maximum of one per year).The work must be worthy of the designation “outstanding” and might include:
- development or implementation of a new product, process or technique;
- an innovative technical solution to an environmental, social or community problem.
The Awards Committee.
Normally, the application date will be June 30th. The CEO / Executive Director / Registrar has the authority to extend this date if deemed necessary.
The Award will consist of a Certificate of Achievement, a letter of congratulations from the President, and upon obtaining enrollment as an Associate member after graduation, Technology Professionals Saskatchewan will waive two years of Association professional fees.
Student Scholarship Award
Each year an award of $250.00 is offered to student registrants enrolled in each of the applied science and engineering technology programs in Saskatchewan that meets the academic requirements, and is recognized by Technology Professionals Saskatchewan.
This individual is recognized for good academic standing with emphasis on the ability to apply theoretical knowledge demonstrated through good laboratory techniques and reports; good attendance record; completion of required assignments; participation in school activities; and good human relations demonstrated by the ability to work well with fellow students, and faculty while studying in the program.
Completion of 60% of one of the applied science / engineering technology programs in Saskatchewan recognized by Technology Professionals Saskatchewan.
Accreditation must be in effect at the time the award recipients are selected. Applicants are only eligible to receive this Award once.
- Full time student having completed not less than 60% of the entire program.
- Good academic standing, with some emphasis on the ability to apply theoretical knowledge demonstrated through good laboratory techniques and reports.
- Good attendance record and punctual as well as completion of required Assignments.
- Participation in school activities such as sports, student affairs or student clubs.
- Good human relations shown by the ability to work well with others at the student and staff levels.
- Recipient should not have previously received this award.
- Who is a student registrant of this Association during the third semester.
The Awards Committee.
Normally, the application date will be February 28th of each calendar year. The CEO / Registrar has the authority to extend this date if deemed necessary.
Successful recipients of this award shall receive $250.00, and a Certificate of Achievement along with a letter of congratulations from the President.