Why seek registration / enrollment?
Far-sighted technologists and technicians realize the importance of having their qualifications recognized.
Recognition of the contributions of technologists and technicians to Technology Professionals Saskatchewan will provide an ample reward to compensate for the extensive studies which are required.
The combined efforts of many, working towards a common goal under capable leadership, will offer results which cannot be attained by individuals alone. The growth of an organization of professional technologists and technicians can effectively serve those who are members and the industries in which they are employed.
The support and active participation of Technology Professionals Saskatchewan members can give strength to the organization in a number of ways:
- Recognized professional standing in the applied science / engineering technology community.
- Registration provides the technologist / technician with a starting point for future studies to improve his or her qualifications and status.
- Registration marks the individual as qualified in a particular field of technology.
- Technology Professionals Saskatchewan members may use an assigned professional designation after their name (i.e. "A.Sc.T.", and "C.Tech.") after all criteria is met.
- Group Life and Disability Insurance, Registered Retirement Savings Plans, home insurance and Professional Liability Insurance are available to members of the Association at special group rates unobtainable in the open market.
- Counselling for academic advancement can be obtained through the Technology Professionals Saskatchewan office.
- Employment Opportunities are available for Technology Professionals Saskatchewan members on the website.
- Resume assistance.
- Career counselling.
- Member salary survey.
- Active participation in a progressive, professional association to ensure that technologists and technicians continue to control their own affairs.
- Discounts from leading local and national companies.
Registrant / Enrollment ProcedureRegistration of applicants is the responsibility of Technology Professionals Saskatchewan's Registration Board. Applications are initially reviewed by the Registration Board which assigns the formal registration to an applicant taking into account experience as well as the academic assessment of the Examination Board. Applications which cannot be accepted from the viewpoint of academic qualifications are sent to the Examination Board for an academic assessment.
What are the Main Fields of Employment?Applied Science Technologists and Certified Technicians practice in the following fields and are employed by privately owned companies, government agencies and consulting agencies throughout the Province of Saskatchewan, or are self-employed:
- Planning and Design
- Teaching and Training
- Construction and Installation
- Technical Marketing
- Production and Operation
- Administration and Management
- Research and Development.
Applied Science / Engineering Technology Disciplines of Registration Include:
How to Register / Enroll
All candidates for registration and enrollment must submit an application form to the Registrar.
Application for Registration / Enrollment
Qualifications for Registration / Enrollment
Applied Science Technologist:
Minimum educational qualifications: Diploma in applied science / engineering technology from a program recognized by Technology Professionals Saskatchewan at the technologist level, or equivalent courses from other recognized institutions, or satisfactory completion of examinations established by the Examination Board.
Minimum practical experience: Two (2) years under an Applied Science Technologist or members of another professional association, or for others, a period satisfactory to the Registration Board.
Minimum educational qualifications: Completion of a one (1) year applied science / engineering technology program recognized by Technology Professionals Saskatchewan at the technician level, or equivalent courses from other recognized institutions, or satisfactory completion of examinations established by the Examination Board.
Minimum practical experience: Two (2) years of related work experience satisfactory to the Registration Board.
Associate Registrant:Minimum educational qualifications: Complete Grade 12, including Math 30 or equivalent, geometry, trigonometry and physics or other certificates of equivalent standing. (Chemistry is also required for chemical and mechanical applicants only.)
- or –
A diploma in applied science / engineering technology from a program recognized by Technology Professionals Saskatchewan.
Minimum practical experience: None.